Purchasing Agent Job Description
The primary role of the Purchasing Agent is to ensure that purchase orders are generated and placed with the supplier in a timely manner. Agent will follow up with all orders placed to ensure timely receipt and report problems to the project staff of affected activities.
Primary responsibilities: (Purchasing)
● Work with project staff to verify products quoted are in conformance with specifications
● Contact state and regional suppliers to obtain product information, such as price, availability, and delivery schedule
● Standardize terms for NMI Purchase Orders.
● Generate purchase orders and distribute copies to supplier and the departments originating the request
● Maintain inventory of consumables and shop supplies, reorder as necessary
● Review and follow up on outstanding purchase orders
● Expedites and tracks shipments
● Verify product received matches purchase order and meets project specification(s)
● File and organize accompanying documentation as directed
● Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, suppliers, and others to determine source and recourse
● Analyze cause of non-conforming products / material and work with management to correct identified issues per the Corrective and Preventative Action procedures
● Enter new suppliers in accounting system
● Set up job accounts with suppliers and project site services
● Maintain supplier lists
● Evaluate and grade suppliers
● Track Supplier Payables Status, check with NMI Payables to see what suppliers, if any are having their invoices held for short or later payment. Track A/P dating.
Additional responsibilities: (Internal/Logistics Assistant)
● Preparing shipping lists (BOLs) and material labels
● Nesting and creating cut lists
● Preparing fabrication packages
● Welding documentation control
● Tool Tracking assistance
● Facilities administrative assistance
● Auditing AISC paperwork
● Auditing Project Schedules
● Manpower Tracking
CPP Certification desired, or willing to obtain
Min. 3 years industry experience
EEO/AAP Statement of Policy
NMI Industrial Holdings Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.